Talk

Advanced search

How do I find high resolution photos of ducks - can anyone help please?

(9 Posts)
fredfortoday Tue 18-Oct-16 21:56:33

Hi. My son wants to create a gift of a photo collage mug for his friend and wants to cover it in photos of ducks ( is an "in" joke). I have searched for photos of ducks on line of which there seem to be loads and then loaded them up to the mug on line (I am currently using snapfish). Every single image I try flags up as not being high resolution enough and that it may not come out clearly when the item is produced. Anyone got any great ideas how I can combat this or where I might get better quality images? Thanks very much.

MrsLettuce Tue 18-Oct-16 22:08:13

You need to open 'Search Tools' on google images, go to the 'Size' tab and select 'Larger than 4 MP'. The ones that come up should work just fine smile

GerundTheBehemoth Tue 18-Oct-16 22:12:08

I have loads, of various species (am a wildlife photographer). Happy to send you some if you like!

akkakk Tue 18-Oct-16 22:16:00

Taking images from google is a breach of copyright in most cases, the photos belong to the photographer... you either need a friendly photographer like the lovely offer above, or you need to search on stock photos and you may need to pay for them... or pop down to the local river / pond with a camera...

PersianCatLady Tue 18-Oct-16 22:17:53

Have you tried Google images?

If the photo is only for a mug for your friend I doubt that any one is going to care that you used it.

fredfortoday Tue 18-Oct-16 23:14:37

thanks - I have tried - only 1 of the 11 I tried worked though - maybe snapfish is just fussy.

GerundTheBehemoth Wed 19-Oct-16 06:05:17

Here's a few of mine (I have literally hundreds more!). PM me your email address if you would like high-res versions.

GerundTheBehemoth Wed 19-Oct-16 06:12:03

More assorted duckage...

HerestoyouMrsRobinson Tue 25-Oct-16 08:55:04

Those are great photos!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now