Talk

Advanced search

iPad mini or laptop?

(4 Posts)
BeautyQueen88 Mon 17-Oct-16 17:27:18

My DS needs something to do homework on and we're stuck between a laptop & an iPad mini.

His homework is researching, printing, making posters and sometimes word.

Would an iPad mini do all this if I buy a wireless printer or am I right in thinking a laptop is the way forward? He is adamant an iPad will be good enough but I'm not convinced.

Can anyone help please?

Redcrayons Mon 17-Oct-16 18:55:29

Mine have a laptop for when they need to create documents, posters and stuff.
They do use the iPad for researching, watching Videos, looking through BBC bite size. It's quicker than booting up laptops.

Ive never used office on iPad but can't imagine it's as easy as doing it on Windows with a laptop. No clue about printing from an iPad.

poochiepants Mon 17-Oct-16 19:00:10

You can print wirelessly from an iPad. And I do pretty much all my reports, graphics etc from it too. Unless you need more complicated programmes like photoshop, in which case the laptop is the way to go as you can only adapt not create Adobe Suite on the iPad. Depends on how big a screen they're happy with too.....best to research the programmes you want to use first.

SciFiFan2015 Mon 17-Oct-16 19:02:40

Laptop. Maybe one of those ones that split and are a tablet too? I think for some of the finer manipulation stuff with posters etc being able to use a mouse will be good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now