Talk

Advanced search

Which Anti-virus

(7 Posts)
JammyDodger16 Sun 25-Sep-16 11:41:36

My McAfee subscription has expired on my acer and I have been prompted to r new it for £31.99 for 2 licenses.

Does anyone know if this is good value or have any other recommendations?

hellsbells99 Sun 25-Sep-16 11:43:28

AVG and Avast are the 2 I had recommended to me - both free

JammyDodger16 Sun 25-Sep-16 21:36:23

Oh fab, thanks. Would much prefer a free one

cdtaylornats Sun 25-Sep-16 21:59:26

I use the paid Avast on the computers I need to be safe and free AVG on the old one.

prh47bridge Mon 26-Sep-16 19:09:06

Avast and AVG are good but they are not the best. Avast is good on protection but performance is not as good as competitors. AVG offers better performance (still not the best) but protection isn't as good. Personally I would recommend Kaspersky, Norton and Trend Micro. Bitdefender is also good on Windows 10 but less so on earlier versions of Windows. These products are highly rated by testers who really understand how to test antivirus products. Industry insiders have long rated Kaspersky as the best product.

Having said that, if you want to go for a free product I would personally go with Avast as it offers better protection at the moment.

I have no connection with any of these vendors but I used to work for McAfee. For what it is worth I currently use Norton.

HappydaysArehere Tue 31-Jan-17 00:12:43

If you want to pay Bullguard was good when I had my Microsoft pc.

cdtaylornats Tue 31-Jan-17 21:55:58

Malwarebytes Premium - web browsing protection, exploit protection, malware protection and ransomware protection.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now