Talk

Advanced search

App to change music speed on IPhone

(2 Posts)
Bonbonchance Sun 28-Aug-16 20:48:30

Does anyone know of a straightforward app you can use on an iPhone to play music faster/slower? Just something simple that plays the songs from My Music, not something that edits them or involves dealing with sound waves etc. A lot of the apps don't support Apple Music songs angry Any ideas?

CrotchetQuaverMinim Thu 08-Sep-16 20:49:53

Not sure this is quite what you're looking for, but I use one called "Tempo Slow" for music practice - I can take any of the pieces in my Music folder, and play it more slowly (or more quickly) - there is just a sort of 'wheel' graphic in the middle that you turn right or left. You can also add in particular markers to repeat sections or start part way through etc, which is valuable if you're trying to play along with it for practice purposes, but you don't need to use that at all if you just want to listen to it! The sound quality isn't perfect, but it's OK, given that it has to do quite a lot of transformations to the file in order to keep it at the correct pitch.

there are a number of other similar ones - Speed Shifter (by ABRSM music exam board), for example, as well as others. But it's in the music practice section of Apps where I found them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now