Talk

Advanced search

Mobile Phone Upgrade - Better offer in store or by phone?

(1 Post)
ElasticFirecracker Mon 15-Aug-16 10:26:19

My question is will Vodafone give me a better upgrade deal if I ring them or if I go into the store?

I am a Vodafone customer, due for an upgrade. I'm willing to switch provider, but have checked on uSwitch and found Vodafone are offering a deal which would suit me -- a lower monthly cost, and 5GB more data per month and everything else I already have. There is an upfront charge for the phone, but the total cost is competitive.

As a Vodafone customer since 1998 I would be looking for them to improve on this offer, say by reducing the upfront phone cost, or even giving it to me free of charge.

I would really rather just go into the shop and arrange the upgrade and take the phone away with me, but I always had an idea that you got a better deal on the phone.

I'm reluctant to do this by phone because:

-Last year I upgraded my son's phone and it their system kept accidentally cancelling the order and I could never escalate the matter and just kept talking to different very patronising call centre people. It took nearly a month of daily hour long conversations. And I swore tha tI would leave Vodafone when I could. However, that is now in the past and they seem to have a reasonable offer now.

-I really want the new phone NOW.

Any help appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now