Help with my phone storage please!

(11 Posts)
Buggers Wed 10-Aug-16 20:21:12

I've got a HTC phone with 8gb built in which is full up but I have a memory card in the phone too which has 1gb left. Why can't I install more than 1 app at a time?! I always get a message saying not enough storage but I have enough with the memory card so why doesn't it download it to that?!

dementedpixie Wed 10-Aug-16 21:10:41

Go into the application manager and move some apps to the memory card to free up phone space

Buggers Wed 10-Aug-16 22:39:29

I can't find the application manger and isn't coming up when I search itsad.

Buggers Wed 10-Aug-16 22:39:47

Manager*

dementedpixie Wed 10-Aug-16 23:05:19

It's normally under settings. Googling suggests going into settings, tapping on apps, then downloaded, then tapping on the app you want to move

dementedpixie Wed 10-Aug-16 23:06:21

Which htc phone is it?

Buggers Thu 11-Aug-16 00:11:25

Ah I've gotten on what you said and it has the option to move it but its not highlighted so I can't select the option IYSWIM? I'm afraid I have no idea which htc it isblush.

dementedpixie Thu 11-Aug-16 07:12:00

Some apps can't be moved as they are pre installed. Maybe try moving different ones

dementedpixie Thu 11-Aug-16 07:13:35

If you go into setting and scroll to 'about device' or 'about phone' it should tell you your model

VanillaSugar Thu 11-Aug-16 07:16:07

How many photos do you have in your phone? I I save more than 200 photos than my phone says that I don't have enough room to accept any new emails.

prh47bridge Thu 11-Aug-16 08:56:34

As Dementedpixie says you cannot move pre-installed apps. Some apps that you download also insist on being installed on device memory and can't be moved to the memory card.

You may need to figure out why your device memory is full. Under settings find Storage (assuming a recent version of Android) and it will give you a breakdown of how your memory is being used. If there is a lot of cached data tap on that and you will be given the option to clear it. That won't damage your phone or stop anything working. If you tap on "Used space" you will get a breakdown showing the space occupied by applications, pictures, audio and downloads which may also help you free up space. If you've got a lot of pictures you can save space by copying them to your PC and deleting them from your phone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now