Talk

Advanced search

Help with getting torrents on Kodi?

(6 Posts)
amanoramouse Fri 05-Aug-16 16:10:58

Have heard that Kodi is a good platform for accessing the apps and films that aren't otherwise available on the Fire TV stick at home. So I installed Kodi OK, though at a bit a loss as to how to get access to torrent downloads with it. Possibly not that surprising as I'm not the most experienced with this sort of thing!

I have installed a uTorrent add-on on there but am unable to connect it with my remote access details (despite following the vague instructions on Kodi wiki). I'm not fussed about uTorrent in particular, I just want good system for downloading films onto Kodi.

Any advice from someone who better understands what they're doing would be much appreciated. smile

cdtaylornats Fri 05-Aug-16 21:17:46

If you are in the UK most torrent sites will be blocked by your ISP

prh47bridge Sun 07-Aug-16 08:03:15

As cdtaylornats says, most ISPs block torrent sites. That is because anyone downloading a film using torrent is almost certainly breaking the law on copyright. The copyright holder could take action against you, although that is clearly more likely if you infringe persistently than if you just download one film.

Ahrightsoted Sun 07-Aug-16 08:13:11

Have you looked on you tube? That's what Dh used to do ours

cdtaylornats Mon 08-Aug-16 23:14:50

If you are with BT, TalkTalk, Plusnet, Sky or virgin you will not be able to download torrent files without considerable effort.

I think you may have misunderstood Kodi, its a media centre. Kodi allows you to play content you already have access to.

It has various add-ons to supply content which are listed here addons.kodi.tv/category/video/

I think you will be disappointed.

Obliviated Mon 08-Aug-16 23:23:12

I use kodi on the firestick, it's brilliant. We have Stream All The Sources and Genesis and everything seems to be on there that I search for. I've just cancelled virgin media as we don't use it anymore. No idea how it all got on there though, I sent the firestick to a fb friend who did it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now