iTunes question regarding movies stored on macbook pro. If I delete them to save limited space, do they get removed from my iPad synced with iTunes?

(7 Posts)
JustAOneOffToday Sat 09-Jul-16 22:19:38

I am guessing subsequent syncs would delete any movies in the iPad, but it has taken so long to organise getting them on the bloody macbook I don't want to experiment it's done my head in already

Anyone shed any light?

ceeveebee Sat 09-Jul-16 22:38:30

Not sure but can you not buy an external hard drive instead of deleting - we store all our movies and music on an external drive.

JustAOneOffToday Sat 09-Jul-16 22:55:16

Great solution, though I have no experience with importing in or out of iTunes from a hard drive, can I do that easily enough?

JustAOneOffToday Sat 09-Jul-16 22:56:40

Actually it only solves half the problem because my iPad has double the space that the MacBook has. This means I can't fill up the iPad with movies because the Mac runs out of room, and if I delete from the Mac it automatically deletes from the iPad, whether I like it or not!

ceeveebee Sat 09-Jul-16 23:18:00

I'm no techie expert but I think you somehow tell iTunes that the movies /files are stored in a different location. They stay in your iTunes but not on your desktop drive. You keep hard drive plugged into macbook while syncing. Sorry, my friend set mine up so I don't know exactly how it all works!

ceeveebee Sat 09-Jul-16 23:20:04

computers.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-move-your-itunes-iphoto-or-aperture-library-to-an-external-drive--mac-45572

JustAOneOffToday Sat 09-Jul-16 23:33:36

That sounds perfect, I will see I'd I can make sense of the article link. Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now