Talk

Advanced search

Help with name attached to hotmail

(2 Posts)
MerryBary Thu 02-Jun-16 18:50:39

So years ago when I opened my YouTube account I gave myself a funny name for my profile. I noticed some time ago that it seems to have attached itself to my hotmail account. You know, when I see my email address listed on an email someone sent, it has this alias attached.
I tried at the time to change it and gave up.
But now I find myself in correspondence with my sons school etc and feel so embarrassed to see this name there! I have no idea how to change it. I don't even understand how it got there, as YouTube is linked to Google isn't it? Don't want to have to switch to google as I have already given hotmail as my contact, and indeed it is the address that everyone has for me.
I have gone round and round YouTube, Google and outlook settings and cannot see a trace of this name, or an option to change alias/screen name etc. But just received an email this morning from the school and there it is glaring at me!!!! blush Anyone??!!

lazydog Tue 07-Jun-16 00:18:42

This really shouldn't make a difference, but a quick Google search seems to indicate that it might. Try changing the name you use for your youtube account/profile to something more appropriate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now