Talk

Advanced search

Tesco Mobile & Blackberry - this is appalling

(7 Posts)
Katymac Fri 20-May-16 07:09:18

I am furious
I contacted Tesco in March because I was losing my job & I need to reduce my outgoings
They offered me a £5 contract which I jumped at

Unfortunately my Blackberry stopped working - it was old I replaced it

The new Blackberry didn't work I rang them - they didn't 'know' I needed a Blackberry tariff (despite being on a BB tariff before) so changed it & they were to credit the difference in cost to my account monthly

They didn't
I rang up & that is impossible
So I went PAYG - as I hope it would be cheaper & I could control my bills

Then the blackberry had no Maps, no emails, but internet OK

I went in to talk to a very nice man yesterday who phoned up twiddled with it & told me my new phone was broken and I should return it

So I came home & tried my SIM in my old Blackberry & it works with exactly the same amount of problems as my new one!!

So I have been messed around for nearly 3 months, bought an unnecessary new phone & had unsatisfactory help

What do I do now?

QueenCuntyFlippers Fri 20-May-16 07:24:40

Return your new phone and get them to sort your tariff on your old one.

These things happen, I used to work for a phone company and Blackberrys were notoriously difficult.

I imagine even more so now they are not that popular.

Katymac Fri 20-May-16 07:37:03

Well Tesco don't sell Blackberrys so I am stuck with the phone I bought from Amazon

But they seem unable to fix the issues - the phone keeps says error speak to your provider sad

Katymac Fri 20-May-16 07:39:41

i just wish there was a different phone with a proper keyboard for those of us that need one

Katymac Sun 22-May-16 06:02:07

Well after another very long conversation witth Customer Care; they turned on a different switch & it all works now hmm

Buggers

QueenCuntyFlippers Sun 22-May-16 08:01:13

The mystery of Blackberry services grin

Glad it's sorted

Katymac Sun 22-May-16 09:21:17

Defeats me why none of the previous phone calls have sorted it out

Any way - large credit on my phone for theinconvenience - which in no way makes up for the crap - but in the end saves me some money

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now