Talk

Advanced search

Freesat, free view, Multi room - what's the best solution.

(3 Posts)
Karcheer Thu 12-May-16 20:11:31

I'm after some advise, I'm clueless...

We currently have:

freesat set up in our living room.
Free view in the kitchen.

In the loft we have a splitter thing with 6 sockets, one of which connects the kitchen free view.

We'd like a TV in our room, the family room and the guest bedroom.

My gut feeling was that we connect the family room and guest bedroom to the splitter and have free view there.
And somehow get the freesat to our bedroom.

But I've been reading that there's no real benefit of freesat over free view, which is making me think I may as well just connect our room to the splitter and continue with freesat just in the living room.

So I guess my question is, what is the benefit of freesat over free view, if any?

Thank you!

TennesseeMountainPointOfView Mon 16-May-16 13:19:47

There isn't one, really. Freesat and Freeview basically offer the same thing in different ways. Freesat can be a better option if you don't have a TV aerial, or if you live somewhere that doesn't get a good signal from the transmitter. Freeview is a good option if you can't have a satellite dish - a listed building, or restrictive covenants, maybe, and if you already have an aerial and aerial sockets installed in your house then it doesn't require any extra work.
The set top boxes are different - there aren't as many freesat ones, so you have a lot more choice with freeview, but some of the cheap freeview ones are fairly basic.

cdtaylornats Mon 16-May-16 21:06:35

ukfree.tv/channels/compare_tv

This website compares them all, there are 35 more channels on freesat.

Other options are a Now TV box, or a laptop and Chromecast

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now