Talk

Advanced search

Samsung device security has been scanning my device since yesterday

(4 Posts)
Lookdownthesofa Wed 27-Apr-16 09:46:02

Yesterday I had a message pop up on my Samsung S5 Neo screen saying that a threat had been detected on my phone.

I went into SmartManager and clicked the security icon and it started to scan my phone. It froze after a while, so I restarted the scan.

It has now been 'scanning' for about 20 hours. Or rather, the icon is spinning round and there is a constant message on my home screen saying 'device security - scanning device for threats'.

Now, I expect the thing has just frozen again and it hasn't really been scanning my device for this long but how can I make it stop?? I have tried turning phone off and on again but it is still spinning/msg still there.

FinnMcCool Wed 27-Apr-16 14:41:17

Settings > Applications > Application Manager.
View running apps, tap to stop.

FinnMcCool Wed 27-Apr-16 14:44:44

Get free security from Avast, here

Lookdownthesofa Fri 29-Apr-16 10:11:44

Thanks Finn.

Unfortunately, whenever I try to access Application Manager as you explained above I get a pop up saying "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped", so I can't get into application manager at all.

I've also had messages in the last month or so (before the threat was detected) saying "Unfortunately Touchwiz/touchwiz home has stopped". And just now a pop up saying "Unfortunately Google Apps have stopped".

Some googling suggests that a factory reset might be in order. I've only had this phone about two months though, so very annoying. Are there any other fixes other than a factory reset? What can be causing all these error messages?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now