Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can you sync a calendar between an iPhone & a windows laptop?

(11 Posts)
Katymac Tue 16-Feb-16 15:55:54

& is it easy

DD & I need a shared calendar - but she uses her iphone all the time so it makes sense to use that

PhoenixRises Tue 16-Feb-16 15:56:56

Google calendar. Works on Internet, android and iPhone.

Katymac Tue 16-Feb-16 16:05:06

Thanks - That looks fine - we are navigating it

Katymac Tue 16-Feb-16 18:33:00

She can see my entries but I can't see hers

You'd think a teenager would be able to work it out!!

widowerbutok Wed 17-Feb-16 00:16:31

This site may help:-
support.google.com/calendar/answer/37082?hl=en

Best of luck

Katymac Wed 17-Feb-16 13:52:22

Thank you

foragogog Wed 17-Feb-16 15:27:28

we use google calendar as a family and access it from everywhere - android phones, iphones, PC, ipad etc. It is my calendar and then I just go into Settings - Calendars - Share This Calendar (or Sharing) to add any one in via email address that I want to be able to see or edit it. You can choose if they can view only or edit it as well. DH went through a phase of block booking Friday nights out so he was relegated to read only for awhile smile

foragogog Wed 17-Feb-16 15:29:05

oh i also put him on maximum notification settings so he can no longer try the old "you didn't tell me" routine.

love google calendar

Katymac Wed 17-Feb-16 15:35:15

Yes it is the distribution of information that is a problem

DD & I still haven't got it sorted - she can see my private calendar (which doesn't exist really) our joint (twice) & her private which should be synced with the joint.....& it appears to be twice again!!

foragogog Wed 17-Feb-16 15:40:41

hmmm I see what you mean. DH also has a separate calendar linked to his googlemail email address which I don't even bother looking at (pointless). iI have just added him and my son (apple email address) to my calendar and we all just use mine.

When I look at my googlemail on a PC I can see my Calendar on the left which they are all on but I also have the option of Other Calendars - Add a friend's calendar. When I do that for DHs calendar anything in his shows up on my view as well as long as his is checkboxed - I think I can toggle it from memory. I havent tried with an Apple calendar though.

Katymac Wed 17-Feb-16 15:49:36

She wants to sync her phone calendar with my on-line calendar - which she has

I just want to see that info

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now