Talk

Advanced search

Hudl/kindle fire

(8 Posts)
Gorja Sun 14-Feb-16 18:57:40

My daughter hudl has topped working much to her distress.
My cunning plan was to buy her a new one but it seems they have stopped making them.

I am tempted by the Amazon fire at £39 but her brother and sited all have hurls and I want her to be able to get them same apps and stuff they have. I'm not sure the Amazon fire will do this will it?

If not what do I look at? I'm not rich so needs to be a reasonable price.

Thanks.

thenewaveragebear1983 Sun 14-Feb-16 19:00:09

Kindle fire is brilliant. You will need a case for it as its a bit flimsy without. Loads of free apps. The Lego apps are very good with no in app purchases

OddBoots Sun 14-Feb-16 19:01:10

I love my fire but it doesn't seem to have the same app store as a normal google tablet so I only use mine for my prime content. Is there any way her huld could be fixed?

dementedpixie Sun 14-Feb-16 19:03:52

You would need an android tablet to get access to Google play store for apps.

turdfairynomore Sun 14-Feb-16 19:03:56

I'm using one now. I also have accress to an iPad (I'm a teacher and we each have one that we are allowed to take home!) But I prefer the kindle fire....but yes, buy the proper case, its very neat and slim fitting.

Gorja Sun 14-Feb-16 19:06:08

So to get Google play I would need and android tab?

Have looked and the hudl is not repairable I'm afraid.

Are there any low price android tablets a that are any good?

dementedpixie Sun 14-Feb-16 19:11:05

Yes you need android for Google play store. What is your budget?

Gorja Sun 14-Feb-16 19:16:01

Not much more than about £100. But I was hoping the £39 kindle fire would be the answer lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now