Talk

Advanced search

Blocking People on Whatsapp?

(11 Posts)
LonerDave Wed 10-Feb-16 20:01:42

If you block someone on whatsapp, what does it show their end?

Akire Wed 10-Feb-16 20:06:29

Not sure but you can mute them so you don't get any pings.

LonerDave Wed 10-Feb-16 20:07:40

Think I've got a stalker!!!

Akire Wed 10-Feb-16 20:08:10

If it's stalker block them and don't care!

evenhasawatermark Wed 10-Feb-16 20:08:29

They can't see your time stamp of if you are online. If they send a message they will see ticks that don't change colour.

alicemalice Wed 10-Feb-16 20:09:58

Block em them. I think it just shows one tick and never shows as delivered.

Had to block my own personal stalker not too long ago!

Dimitri1970 Thu 11-Feb-16 09:09:51

I think they can tell if your profile pic becomes blank . Have come on here to ask a similar thing only I am discovering there is an AP where you can look into someone else's whatsap messages or activity and I wanted to know if anyone knows if this is possible . I've tried googling it but it seems it's a lot of faffing and involves tampering with the victims phone . Scary

Ohdearohdear1 Thu 11-Feb-16 09:17:08

To answer the question, a person can tell if you've blocked them, because your display picture, status and time stamp (if it is showing) will all be blank, and their messages will not be delivered to your phone, showing only 1 tick on their end.

There is an app where you can see how many times a person has been online, and for how long. All the other apps claiming to read messages etc. require access to the target phone to install software.

Dimitri1970 Thu 11-Feb-16 09:21:15

That's useful . Does the AP say what numbers they are ? My partner seems to know an awful lot about who I hear from etc he is very jealous . I am baffled to how he knows what friends I have been onto .

AnchorDownDeepBreath Thu 11-Feb-16 09:25:55

Dimitri Does your partner have, or ever had, access to your phone? It's really easy to install something to "watch" WhatsApp, and a lot of them send conversation transcripts/call records to other devices. So if he's jealous enough, he could have installed something once, and now gets a daily report of who you talk too and for how long.

Or he could just be checking your phone very frequently.

Regardless, if he's got to that stage of surveillance, I'd be calling things off. This only escalates and he'll feel more and more deserving of information about where you are/what you're doing/who you're talking to/exactly what you're saying.

Dimitri1970 Thu 11-Feb-16 10:13:00

No he doesn't have access as I know as I am constantly changing my code . I wish I could prove what he was doing . Feeling so violated . I have nothing to hide however I have a couple of girlfriends who text me problems etc which I don't wish to share with him as he is so nosey . I wish it was illegal . Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now