Talk

Advanced search

Individual parental controls. Can your router do this?

(5 Posts)
rara67 Wed 27-Jan-16 09:31:16

We have SKY broadband and use Shield to protect what comes into the house. I would really like to limit the time my DSs spend on line by setting automated time limits. A friend who has BT says that they can limit the wifi to their Ds's mobile and it get switched off from 8pm til 6am. Does SKY do this or would I need to buy another router and use some additional software? TIA

cdtaylornats Wed 27-Jan-16 22:03:48

THe Sky router can limit available times but only to everybody not individual devices.

deeskeydoo Sat 30-Jan-16 03:32:58

I work for BT and their home hub 4/5's parental controls are really good. I also know Talk Talk's router has similar. Not sure about sky, I'll try and find out

rara67 Mon 01-Feb-16 10:14:49

Thanks Dee, would be really interested. We were with BT for 30 years but changed to SKY about a year ago, so probably up for review (DH and DS1 really fed up that they cant watch certain football matches as we don't have BT Sport!) I don't really want to buy a new router if I could get one by changing provider.

Coatandhat Sun 21-Feb-16 19:15:22

We have Virgin super hub router and you can apply controls to individual devices - access for DS 15's internet devices is set to 10pm on weekdays for example.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now