Talk

Advanced search

iphone 6s plus or new ipad?

(8 Posts)
ColdTeaAgain Wed 20-Jan-16 12:45:21

My current smartphone (not iphone) has completely died. This is after 18months of it being shite, unreliable and getting nowhere in terms of getting a replacement.

I haven't heard a bad word said again the new iphone but it's a LOT of money!

Our ipad 2 is also getting a bit slow etc but I could not justify getting a new iphone and a new ipad it would have to be one or the other.

So new iphone 6s plus but no new ipad.

Or, cheap smart phone and new ipad?

I am the most indecisive person ever, WWYD?

VimFuego101 Wed 20-Jan-16 12:46:35

Have you actually held a 6s plus? It's huge. I find it hard to text/ type on or to hold while making a call.

SoupDragon Wed 20-Jan-16 12:47:40

TBH, I think you need to go and try a 6s plus to see if the size makes it usable for you as a phone. I only have the 6S and I find it a little larger than I'd like - I certainly wouldn't want a larger phone. You might also find it too small as a tablet!

I think I would go for cheap smartphone plus new ipad.

ColdTeaAgain Wed 20-Jan-16 13:11:28

Yes the plus does look huge! Although my friend has one but she thinks it's great for using internet on and looking at photos.

Am thinking its size makes it a bit clumsy to hold and easier to drop though...

Petallic Wed 20-Jan-16 13:19:11

I have a 6s plus - I freaked out when it arrived as it was so massive, so it stayed in the box the first day I was so convinced it would go back. But after 2/3 days it seemed normal size and my old 5s looked tiny small. I like not having to constantly zoom in on web browsing and my typing is more accurate. Holding it is fine but I do now tend to type two handed as one handed texting is a bit more awkward. I use my phone more then my iPad but if you use an iPad more I would maybe go for a new iPad and a slightly older iPhone - maybe the 6 and not the 6s. Or keep your current phone if you can until the iPhone 7 is released?

ColdTeaAgain Wed 20-Jan-16 13:33:08

7?? Hasn't the 6s only just come out? That just seems mean when people pay hundreds to bring an update out so soon.

nutgrabber Fri 22-Jan-16 13:49:31

I've now got a 6+ and I tend use use my 10" tablet a lot less as a result, especially as I've become used to it. I've got to the stage now where I could probably give up on the tablet if I had to do so. I think a lot depends on what you use it for though

It's decent for surfing the net and watching films or the TV in landscape mode in spite of it's size.

Decent battery capacity, a great screen and much more portable than an iPad. Just make sure you put it in a case though as it's slippery and smooth and very easily dropped. confused

ColdTeaAgain Sat 23-Jan-16 20:45:52

Well I caved and got one! In the ended decided the iPad only gets used for I player mainly now and think I would use phone more for Internet.
So far finding it great, but need to get to grips with the camera etc.

I don't find it too big to manage and I have pretty small hands. Saying that I've never been one for using a phone while I walk along and can imagine if you are it would be cumbersome!

Need to find a nice case now before I drop it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now