Talk

Advanced search

Free tech help/advice

(4 Posts)
BranTurner Sun 10-Jan-16 17:23:22

Hi all,

Hope everyone's well!

Just popping in to let you know that I'll be available for free tech support/help for a while - either in person or online. I'm currently a student at King's College in London and have a bit of free time I thought I should do something useful with.

If anyone needs any advice or help with anything tech, however advanced/basic, feel free to message me and I'll do my best to assist. If you're in London I will be more than happy to come and help out with any problems you may have (e.g. computer's running slow, something won't turn on, router setups, internet problems, or general 'how do I send an email' advice, etc.) pro bono.

I'll be available most evenings & weekends. Hope everyone's had a good weekend.

- Brandon

fairbalance Fri 22-Jan-16 23:38:27

How lovely Brandom are you any good at rooting and putting custom roms on android phones? I bought what I thought was a spare phone an HTC Desire C on Ebay for £3.30 plus £2.80 postage and got sent an HTC 610. FTW!!! =D

As per the advert it has a sticky touch screen but lots of HTCs have this problem so I want to try a Custom Rom with another kernel first before I take it to a shop for a new screen. According to the XDA forum it could be a kernel problem.

It is a spare phone at this price I can afford to play with it! I have rooted and put on custom rooms before. Added factor is I use Linux Mint and I have used Linux exclusive since 2004 so I shall moan if I have to boot into windows to this. =D

If you would like to help me work out whether this a kernel/software/rom issue or hardware issue I would welcome the company smile

I bet this was not the reply you were expecting? lol

HarrietSchulenberg Fri 22-Jan-16 23:47:39

Hee hee, "how do I send an email advice". Can you tell me how to use the interweb thingy so I can look at Mumsnet, please?

Have you been here before or was it your identical twin we roasted last time?

fairbalance Sat 23-Jan-16 00:00:11

Okay I thought it was IT undergrad wanting to help/learn! Whoops! Thanks Harriet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now