Talk

Advanced search

Advice on setting up a website, please.

(5 Posts)

I'm a member of a small chamber choir, and I have foolishly volunteered to take over managing our social media presence. I've set up a FB page, and ds2 has sorted our Twitter feed, but I also need to set up a new website - we do have one, but it is basically very old-fashioned, and I think it would be easier to set up a new site, where I can put sound and/or video clips, and manage the content easily.

Does anyone have any advice on which website builders are the best/easiest to use, or would I be better looking at a paid web host? And do you have any other advice for me - other than stop bloddy volunteering for stuff, you numpty!!

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 09-Jan-16 12:54:42

So you already have a domain name and server space?

WordPress is very easy to get to grips with, and because it is so widely used there is lots of help and advice on the internet. And it is perfectly possible to build a WordPress website that does not look like a blog.

I don't have the domain name yet, but there are several variations of the choir's name available as domain names, so that should be OK, shouldn't it?

I will go and have a look at WordPress - I should have thought of them, because I have a blog there. blush

Many thanks, ItsAll.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 09-Jan-16 13:09:28

These guys www.raidhost.co.uk are pretty good and can sort out your domain name and give you some server space.

Thank you again!

I knew I could rely on the wisdom of MN.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now