Talk

Advanced search

New iPhone and old iPhone not behaving

(10 Posts)
WelshMoth Sat 09-Jan-16 08:41:53

Had upgrade yesterday - to an iPhone 5. Old iPhone is a 4s.

Old iPhone is battered (will only charge when switched off, cannot upload pics or contacts etc by the apple cable because old iPhone's charging dock won't register the cable going in.

New iPhone has contacts in because tech guy in shop did something with Google or My google?! I don't know!

I'm a big WhatsApp user - all contacts seem to have gone across but they're all nameless - it's just the numbers which is confusing. Some conversations are missing too.

All pictures are still on old iPhone and nothing has transferred to new iPhone. Neither can I upload to iCloud because it's too full.

NB - I have NO idea about iCloud - never seen it, used it, I'm a thicko!
My pics are previous - help!

In fact - HELP in general with this. confused

raracleopatra Sat 09-Jan-16 13:05:45

For the photos, could you download something like Dropbox onto your old phone, upload all your photos to that and then get Dropbox on your new phone and move them over that way?

Or there are dongle type things you can buy that plug into iPhones to back up your photos I think.

WelshMoth Sat 09-Jan-16 14:18:19

Thanks. Will look at Dropbox and a dongle.

Photos are precious not previous

WelshMoth Sat 09-Jan-16 20:14:38

Any more advice with this?
Google photos were unlimited and free so I've downloaded that. It's ignored 2 whole years worth of pics so if anyone can tell me that I'd be grateful.

Also, how can I get my music collection across?

Thanks.

raracleopatra Sat 09-Jan-16 21:31:04

Is your music in iTunes?

WelshMoth Sat 09-Jan-16 21:57:32

Not a clue!
My laptop hasn't behaved for the last year so I've just bought music from my phone direct from iTunes Store.

RustyBear Sat 09-Jan-16 22:09:06

You should be able to redownload your music on you new phone; go to the iTunes Store app, sign in with the Apple ID you buy music with and then go to Purchased ( you may need to get to it through the ... More icon ) Music - Not on this iPhone. Tap on All songs, then Download All. You may want to make sure you're on wifi to avoid using up your data allowance.

WelshMoth Sun 10-Jan-16 09:57:37

Rusty, it worked like a dream. Thank you loads!

Pics still playing up. I've downloaded Google pics on both phones but only a part amount has gone into Google pics on new phone.

Confused!

BranTurner Sun 10-Jan-16 17:02:13

You need to allow all the photos to upload go Google on the old phone - sometimes this requires keeping the Google Photos app open. When all your photos have uploaded they should then sync to your new phone!

Feel free to message me with any questions.

WelshMoth Mon 11-Jan-16 10:42:37

Bran, thank you lots. I'll have a look at my old iPhone again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now