DD's computer!! Bloody hell - it's ;like when you open a file 20 files open - I'm going spare!!

(13 Posts)
Katymac Sat 02-Jan-16 12:17:02

I've run paid for AVG & free Malwarebytes

She is going back to college today so I need to get it working

Even if you don't touch the mouse mat it keeps doing/opening things

Arrgghh!!

Help?

DoesntLeftoverTurkeySoupDragOn Sat 02-Jan-16 12:19:24

Is there a button stuck down?

Katymac Sat 02-Jan-16 12:20:41

I wondered - but not obviously so

TheHoneyBadger Sat 02-Jan-16 12:21:46

to state the obvious have you done control, alt, delete and gone to task manager to see what is actually running and force close the browsers etc?

TheHoneyBadger Sat 02-Jan-16 12:22:36

by 'obvious' i didn't mean you're thick if you haven't but more don't be offended if it's the first thing you tried iyswim. sorry.

Katymac Sat 02-Jan-16 12:26:52

No worries - I did & closed loads & I've restarted after doing AVG etc & it's stabilised

Katymac Sat 02-Jan-16 12:58:45

I was panicking as she was leaving & there were about 20 'recovered' docs that she didn't want to lose

DoctorTwo Sat 02-Jan-16 13:16:24

CCleaner is the best clean up tool on the internet. Download the free version, run it and it clears out unwanted files, cookies and browser history.

cdtaylornats Sun 03-Jan-16 15:48:12

Were the 20 files opening in Word? It sounds like she shut it down or it crashed with lots of files open and Word was trying to recover them.

It might be a good idea to find someone who could teach her how to back up her important files.

Katymac Sun 03-Jan-16 16:02:01

no whatever the mouse pointer passed over opened - Firefox. office stuff. pictures whatever

The back up is pretty good using the cloud

TweedAddict Sun 03-Jan-16 16:43:28

My DH laptop kept doing this apple. So annoying, however after 6 months I noticed a box would VERY quickly pop up as it was shutting down which stated open windows on restarting. Unticked it and no issues. Very simple but the thing almost ended up in the bin and had a few computer geeks look at it!

TheHoneyBadger Thu 07-Jan-16 08:23:13

glad you sorted it smile

Katymac Thu 07-Jan-16 09:13:25

We think as it was fixed so easily it might have been a stuck key

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now