Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone up to date on the Fitbit?

(6 Posts)
clairedunphy Mon 21-Dec-15 20:26:19

Following from my really successful plea on another thread for ideas for DH gifts, I'm thinking of getting him a fitbit. Nothing like leaving it to the last minute...

The problem is that I can't find an idiot's guide to the different types and the overall functionality.

DH runs a fair bit and tracks it all on endomondo. It looks like he could link that to fitbit which is great and I think he'd like to be able to track general activity and sleep.

But there are wrist ones and the clip-on ones, and I'm a bit lost on which does what. And is it worth having or just something that's fun for a short time but not actually that useful?

Can anyone enlighten me?

clairedunphy Mon 21-Dec-15 21:40:06

bump

StrawberryLeaf Mon 21-Dec-15 21:57:58

I'm not an expert but my husband is a runner and he got the Fitbit surge a few months ago (I think that's the right name it's the most expensive one).

He loves it, it connects to his iPhone so shows up his text messages and he likes knowing his pace and distance when he runs. He wears it all the time.

I have a Fitbit flex (cheapest), I don't run but like to see how much steps I've done although I often forget to charge it. It tells me nothing on the actual Fitbit but I can look at the app for info on my steps.

DoreenLethal Mon 21-Dec-15 22:05:36

The fitbit website will give you all the info on functionality. I have the Surge and I love it.

clairedunphy Mon 21-Dec-15 22:11:23

Thank you both, I looked at the website (on my phone), it wasn't as clear as I'd hoped but I'll look again when I've got more time tomorrow.

The Surge is sounding good so far though.

DoreenLethal Tue 22-Dec-15 16:03:05

John Lewis and Currys are the best prices I've found.

What I love is that when I am doing gardening and woodwork, it calculates the activity using the heart rate monitor - the other day I did 380 minutes of activity when I was sorting out stuff and doing a load of sawing and stuff. which is excellent. Even when I was digging weeds out it was calculating activity. Genius!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now