Advanced search

Apprently you can get software to re-pixilate a photo: is it hellishly expensive?

(5 Posts)
Katymac Sun 20-Dec-15 13:32:16

Some of DD's photos I have cut down so much they are too pixilated - so can I fix them?

Bunbaker Sun 20-Dec-15 13:38:37

You can download free photo editing software and try that. I have Photoshop Elements and can resize images quite easily. I imagine you can do that with any of the free options. I used to use Gimp before I gt Photoshop. It is highly rated by the techies as well.

cdtaylornats Sun 20-Dec-15 14:46:03

You can't get more detail than was in the original image.

If you take a picture of something a metre wide and have a 1000 pixel wide digital image then the best resolution you are going to get is 1 pixel = a tenth of a centimetre.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Sun 20-Dec-15 14:48:19

Do you have the originals?

Katymac Sun 20-Dec-15 15:51:28

for some I do have the original actually now I've played with it my photo editor doesn't do a bad job for most of them

Thanks I had no idea it was a possibility

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now