Talk

Advanced search

pc is crap, freezes all the time, time for a new? what shall i get?

(3 Posts)
southeastastra Thu 26-Nov-15 20:40:07

I used to be quite tech minded but now i am not. my pc (hp tower) freezes all the time and i get the blue screen of death

i guess it's time for a new one but my teccy skills have left me, what do people get now? another tower or is there something better? (i mean touch screen pcs?) how much would a basic touch screen cost?

I want to weep with the choice out there. i have a laptop but hate it's keyboard so that's out. Also i have so many photos on this pc. I think i've saved them to an external drive....

any help appreciated.

cdtaylornats Thu 26-Nov-15 21:43:18

Touch screens are disgusting, they get greasy.

I've just got a new desktop Win 10 Pro, 2 screens, keyboard, mouse, 1 TByte drive, DVD R/W, 8 GByte RAM

Very happy with it.

I also have two laptops, one to cart about and 1 that I use to turn my TV into a smart TV - I use a wireless mouse and keyboard with that.

Ferguson Fri 27-Nov-15 18:34:14

Maybe it also depends what you use it for, and how good a typist you are. I wouldn't want anything other than a 'desktop', as we only need to use it at home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now