Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tablet for 4yr old and 8yr old advice please

(4 Posts)
pugalicios Wed 04-Nov-15 08:38:49

I am stumped which would be better for dgds

I am buying 2nd hand and have looked at HUDL not sure which model, Samsung Galaxy 3 or 4 and maybe the Samsung Kids for the little one.

Please can anyone point me in the right direction? I think the little one will mostly want to play games and watch films.

Thanks

Ferguson Thu 05-Nov-15 19:42:50

Having worked in primary education for twenty-five years, my only response would be:

WHAT THE HELL DO THEY NEED THINGS LIKE THAT FOR??!!

You don't HAVE to jump on every crazy, unnecessary bandwagon, just because other misguided souls do.

Get them some good books, Lego, dolls, and Yamaha keyboard (at least 61 full-size keys) and start them on a lifetime of making music.

SweepTheHalls Thu 05-Nov-15 19:45:40

Mop boys have Samsung Galaxy tabs, with kids cases, much better value than the kids specific tabs by Samsung. I have also installed kids safe software on which you can set time limits which automatically turn off the table after x amount of play, or prevent it working between certain hours. It also locks down the apps that they can use.

pugalicios Fri 06-Nov-15 17:57:31

Thanks Sweep

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now