So my sister's name is coming up on my Gmail Account? WTF?

(7 Posts)
ProfessorDent Mon 19-Oct-15 17:32:58

Worse, I can't seem to change it back to my name.

It happened around midnight two days ago, according to online activity. I didn't do it, though I do use her MacBook sometimes, could it have happened accidentally?

Sure, I can change my password, mobile no, but for the name itself it has a little pic of a spanner, as if to say, oooh, that's not for you to amend.

It also has some of my sister's ID ie birthday coming up too. Whole thing is a mashup.

Any ideas?

noblegiraffe Mon 19-Oct-15 17:34:53

Are you sure it's your account and she hasn't logged in on your computer?

WMittens Mon 19-Oct-15 19:01:04

Have the two accounts been linked? On my account (using Chrome) there's a turquoise 'G' button/menu which allow me to switch between my two accounts.

ProfessorDent Tue 20-Oct-15 13:08:38

It's my account alright, but it has her name on it now. Accounts won't be linked, unless accidentally.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 20-Oct-15 13:12:34

Just to clarify - the email address has stayed exactly the same, but the details are now your sisters?

ProfessorDent Wed 21-Oct-15 13:51:59

Yeah, that's right. There's been a revamp of Google recently and it is doing my head in a bit, but at least when I send an email, my own name comes up on it now.

EmNetta Wed 28-Oct-15 18:09:38

I'm lurking here, as I had my brother's details come up on my gmail account - including photo and his contacts. I thought it was because he's been using my router when he stayed here, and I seem to have altered it back by using as many "deletes" as I could find, but I still don't know why it happened.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now