Talk

Advanced search

Need to buy my 70 year old Dad a smartphone!

(3 Posts)
superoz Mon 17-Aug-15 01:21:35

It's my Dad's birthday coming up and I want to buy him a replacement mobile as his one is starting to play up (he has a Samsung Galaxy S3).
Not sure where to start as our household is all Apple; my Dad isn't that tech savvy, his phone is set on Easy Mode but he can use all the basic functions, e.g. camera, text and surf.
Does anyone have any recommendations as to what phones I should be looking at? He doesn't need something with lots of bells and whistles on, just a good reliable PAYG phone which is relatively straightforward to use. He also wants to stay on his current network (Sainsburys) so not one that's locked to a particular network.

Redglitter Mon 17-Aug-15 01:24:56

You'd probably be best with what he knows either the same phone or another Samsung. I wouldn't consider getting my mum anything other than a Samsung as it's what she's used to. She's fine with upgrades etc so long as I set it all up the same as her previous phone

cdtaylornats Mon 17-Aug-15 08:12:29

Saintsbury's has a Samsung Galaxy S4 sim free at £259

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now