Talk

Advanced search

Kurio tablet for kids?

(8 Posts)
PrettyLittleMitty Sat 08-Aug-15 07:05:33

Hi, DS is almost 5 and I want to buy him a tablet for his birthday. I am looking at the Kurio tablet but it has very mixed reviews . He will use it mainly for school (they set up homework and projects online for the children to do) and also some games and apps. Does anyone have any experience with the Kurio or can recommend a good tablet for children without costing too much? Just to add, I am not technical at all so would need something really simple! Any advice/recommendations much appreciated, thank you.

YouCantBeSadHoldingACupcake Sat 08-Aug-15 07:11:46

It's very slow, not the easiest to set up, ds's has stopped working after a year. dd's is still working but very temperamental, sometimes it doesn't want to load the games, and the internet is patchy. Saying that I got them for £40 so was happy with them for that price for the first year. This Christmas I will be getting them children's kindle fires, which have a 2 year guarantee and easy to set up and use (I have a kindle fire which I love). The parental controls are quite good on the kurio, but better on the kindle fire.

PrettyLittleMitty Sat 08-Aug-15 11:23:18

Thank you. I've had a look at the kindle fire for kids and it looks great, I think I will probably go with that. Thank you for your reply.

CharlesRyder Sat 08-Aug-15 11:33:38

My nephews have kindles and they seem great.

My DS (also nearly 5) gets on very well with my Nexus7.

earbrow Thu 13-Aug-15 09:02:56

We have this for our 6yo - very slow and clumsy and not worth the money IMO

CharlesRyder Thu 13-Aug-15 09:12:29

I have been looking into the Kindle Fire for kids and and definitely going to get DS this as his Christmas present.

Rainicorn Thu 13-Aug-15 09:15:24

Kurio tablets are, in one word, crap.

We changed DS3's for a Samsung galaxy tab kids tablet and it was much much better.

PrettyLittleMitty Thu 13-Aug-15 12:55:03

Thanks so much for all of your replies. I am very glad I posted here before buying,you have saved me time and money.Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now