Talk

Advanced search

Unlocking my iPhone HELP!!!

(4 Posts)
Bellyrub1980 Thu 09-Jul-15 10:43:20

Hiya,

I'm at the end of my contract and need to switch providers. Therefore I need to unlock my iPhone.

To do this I need to access my iTunes account on my laptop, unfortunately my laptop is dying and very very slow. My iTunes account won't load properly. So I have tried deleting and reinstalling it but, alas, it's saying I need windows 7 or later (I have vista). So I tried downloading windows 7, but this failed too sad

Can anyone help?

Can I simply access my iTunes account on my fiance's laptop?? And if I do that, will I wipe all his music and photos?

MishMooshAndMogwai Thu 09-Jul-15 10:46:43

I didn't need to use iTunes, I just applied to unlock it through EE and they did it for me and charged me £8.

Haven't put a new sim in yet as im not at the end of my contract and im too scared incase my phone gets blocked!

Bellyrub1980 Thu 09-Jul-15 10:51:33

I'm with 3 and they're insisting this is the only way I can do it.

I swear they're making it difficult on purpose so I end up paying for another month.

Argh!!!

Ok, it's good to know it's possible to unlock without accessing iTunes. I will call them again.

Thank you for the reply

MishMooshAndMogwai Thu 09-Jul-15 11:05:41

Good luck! Stand firm!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now