Talk

Advanced search

Unlocking my iPhone HELP!!!

(4 Posts)
Bellyrub1980 Thu 09-Jul-15 10:43:20

Hiya,

I'm at the end of my contract and need to switch providers. Therefore I need to unlock my iPhone.

To do this I need to access my iTunes account on my laptop, unfortunately my laptop is dying and very very slow. My iTunes account won't load properly. So I have tried deleting and reinstalling it but, alas, it's saying I need windows 7 or later (I have vista). So I tried downloading windows 7, but this failed too sad

Can anyone help?

Can I simply access my iTunes account on my fiance's laptop?? And if I do that, will I wipe all his music and photos?

MishMooshAndMogwai Thu 09-Jul-15 10:46:43

I didn't need to use iTunes, I just applied to unlock it through EE and they did it for me and charged me £8.

Haven't put a new sim in yet as im not at the end of my contract and im too scared incase my phone gets blocked!

Bellyrub1980 Thu 09-Jul-15 10:51:33

I'm with 3 and they're insisting this is the only way I can do it.

I swear they're making it difficult on purpose so I end up paying for another month.

Argh!!!

Ok, it's good to know it's possible to unlock without accessing iTunes. I will call them again.

Thank you for the reply

MishMooshAndMogwai Thu 09-Jul-15 11:05:41

Good luck! Stand firm!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: