Talk

Advanced search

What PC games should I try?

(12 Posts)
4kidsandaunicorn Mon 06-Jul-15 09:49:53

DH has a new gaming PC so I have his 'old' one that has been updated. I have a steam account but I'm not sure what to try.

I'm not keen on really flighty games but like the idea of a fantasy or strategy game. I need to be able to dip in and out of it. I haven't played anything for a very long time (think zoo tycoon, Zelda in the late 90's and golden eye on the N64!).

Any recommendations?

Theselittlelightsaremine Mon 06-Jul-15 09:52:53

The Sims grin I totally get addicted to that game.

Theselittlelightsaremine Mon 06-Jul-15 09:54:13

World Warcraft is prob a good fit for what you require.

cdtaylornats Mon 06-Jul-15 11:19:51

Civilization is an excellent strategy game for solo and group play

4kidsandaunicorn Mon 06-Jul-15 18:46:02

I shall have a look at those, thank you! I remember having a go at sims years ago, it was very grey and slow at the time, I should think it has changed a lot!

Letmegetanamechange Mon 06-Jul-15 18:51:55

Another vote for The Sims (the sims 4 in particular). I've been a sims lover for years, it's the only computer game I play smile

Shantotto Mon 06-Jul-15 19:04:01

I really love point and click adventure games - you wander around talking to people, examine places to look for clues, solving puzzles and so on. the Longest Journey is excellent, usually pretty cheap on Steam. The Broken Sword games are excellent too, set in Paris and all about shady groups of Templar Knights if you like that kind of thing. Avoid numbers 3 and 4 though! The Machinarium games are similar. You play a wee robot who is very cute!

A really good and very stlish strategy game that could be worth a try is Banner Saga. It's a turn based game, fights set on a grid, your characters can move different amounts of squares and and perform different attacks. You need to figure out strengths and weaknesses of opponents and use them to your advantage. As its turn based you can take your time to make decisions. It looks great and has a wonderful soundtrack. And it's about Vikings! Quite a harsh story - lots of people you come to care about during the plot may die and its all your fault! I've got loads of steam games, I'll have a look and come back with some more.

World of Warcraft is an MMO so it depends if you want to play online with a bunch of random people. I never played it but have played other MMOs and I love them but they ate up so much of my time!

SoljaBonita Mon 06-Jul-15 19:10:29

theme hospital

TaintedAngel Tue 07-Jul-15 21:32:54

another vote for Sims.
also look in to tropico. that's a good game too.

Enchufla Tue 07-Jul-15 21:37:22

Skyrim is a pretty good open world game. I'm Playing the witcher 3 on ps4 at the moment and think its a fantastic game, it is on the pc as well. Its also a fantasy open world game so you can dip in and out as you like, play the main quest or side quests...i've lost hours on it so far

4kidsandaunicorn Fri 10-Jul-15 19:31:17

I am going to have a look at all of these this evening with a glass of wine .

cocacola1 Sat 11-Jul-15 15:53:03

If it's not too late I'm going to add Portal and Portal 2

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now