Talk

Advanced search

Adobe Creative Suite: how much proof do you need to get student rates?

(6 Posts)
dustyanswer Wed 24-Jun-15 15:52:52

Looking to get this for DS for his macbook. From reading the spec it would appear I just need to send a scan of his school ID card, but this seems not much proof for a huge discount. I spoke to their helpline but it was obviously in a land far, far away and they seemed puzzled by my question.

Anyone else done this? We'd also like to put it on the imac - how many machines can one use it on for one payment?

TIA

dustyanswer Wed 24-Jun-15 16:22:36

bump

DahliaBloom Wed 24-Jun-15 16:24:59

Dh got it for my 9yo ds, I don't think he needed any proof.

dustyanswer Wed 24-Jun-15 16:29:52

DahliaBloom was it the Student edition? It's about a quarter of the price but for that you have to show proof that you attend an accredited educational institution. You can get the normal full-priced version without proving anything but it's very expensive.

namechangeforissue Wed 24-Jun-15 16:47:14

I have no idea about this particular piece of software but as an academic I usually have to use an academic email address to sign up for student/academic rates for other pieces of software.

dustyanswer Wed 24-Jun-15 17:20:49

They're quite open about school students being able to use the discount rate, you don't have to be staff or an academic. I just can't quite believe you get such a huge discount simply by producing a tatty (if genuine) ID card...

I would just go for it but we're getting the macbook on the presumption we can have the student edition of the software otherwise we'll end up with a very expensive word processor!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now