Talk

Advanced search

Adobe Creative Suite: how much proof do you need to get student rates?

(6 Posts)
dustyanswer Wed 24-Jun-15 15:52:52

Looking to get this for DS for his macbook. From reading the spec it would appear I just need to send a scan of his school ID card, but this seems not much proof for a huge discount. I spoke to their helpline but it was obviously in a land far, far away and they seemed puzzled by my question.

Anyone else done this? We'd also like to put it on the imac - how many machines can one use it on for one payment?

TIA

dustyanswer Wed 24-Jun-15 16:22:36

bump

DahliaBloom Wed 24-Jun-15 16:24:59

Dh got it for my 9yo ds, I don't think he needed any proof.

dustyanswer Wed 24-Jun-15 16:29:52

DahliaBloom was it the Student edition? It's about a quarter of the price but for that you have to show proof that you attend an accredited educational institution. You can get the normal full-priced version without proving anything but it's very expensive.

namechangeforissue Wed 24-Jun-15 16:47:14

I have no idea about this particular piece of software but as an academic I usually have to use an academic email address to sign up for student/academic rates for other pieces of software.

dustyanswer Wed 24-Jun-15 17:20:49

They're quite open about school students being able to use the discount rate, you don't have to be staff or an academic. I just can't quite believe you get such a huge discount simply by producing a tatty (if genuine) ID card...

I would just go for it but we're getting the macbook on the presumption we can have the student edition of the software otherwise we'll end up with a very expensive word processor!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: