Talk

Advanced search

Transferring S Planner from S3 to S5??!!?

(10 Posts)
shockedballoon Wed 03-Jun-15 19:40:26

I've just upgraded my phone from a samsung S3 to an S5 and want to transfer the stuff in the s planner across but for the life of me can't figure out how.

I've had a cursory google but not come up with anything that made sny sense or any instructions i can follow.

Pleeeeeease help! My life is literally in s planner and it would be a mahoosive ballache to do it entry by entry,plus i'd loose record of what ive done iyswim.

prh47bridge Wed 03-Jun-15 23:53:55

If you run Outlook on your PC you can use Kies to synchronise Outlook with your S3 then synchronise your S5 with Outlook.

NetworkGuy Thu 04-Jun-15 01:22:13

I've only recently got myself a (used) S2, so not used the Samsung Planner, but came across this > LINK <

I'll have a go at getting S Planner onto my S2 and then see if it can export data ready to use in Google Calendar.

Gozogozo Thu 04-Jun-15 10:30:17

Hi Network guy, off topic, but where did you get your used s2 from? I went from s2 to s3, hated s3 but had given s2 away, & really want it back as a spare remote for around the house tech plus spare phone for kids.

NetworkGuy Thu 04-Jun-15 21:47:32

I got mine s/h in one of the buy + sell shops (*) for about 25 quid.

(*) CEX, CashGenerator, CashConverter or Grainger Games (northern chain)

Worth checking Ebay, Gumtree, too.

Gozogozo Fri 05-Jun-15 17:28:20

Thanks Networkguy, I'll go into one tomorrow.

ilovesooty Fri 05-Jun-15 21:27:50

I used the Smart Switch app to transfer everything including the S planner from s3 to s5.

shockedballoon Sat 06-Jun-15 09:39:57

Thanks everyone! Success was finally achieved with the smart switch app smile

ilovesooty Sat 06-Jun-15 10:21:54

It's great isn't it? I used it for my tablet too.

shockedballoon Sat 06-Jun-15 13:32:56

It is indeed - was ready to throw the bloody phones out the window tbh! Oh the relief when it was so easygrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now