Samsung 10 inch tab 4- any good? Cross with DH

(16 Posts)

Hi,
Hoping someone here knows more than me (shouldn't be hard) .I have suggested/ asked for a tablet for about 2 years now and always been denied for price/no need for one.

My birthday is approaching again and now, on and whim and for an offer, DH has impulsively bought me a Samsung tab 4. I was hoping for a Nexus. I know nothing about this one- and neither does he, bar what the lady in the shop told him, and that it has removable storage, so good for films for the young dc for if we go away.

Is this a decent buy? A terrible one? We are both technophobes and mainly want some storage for watching stuff for us/dc, games for them, Internet access for us, some.'work' ability with word processing I guess... I suppose that's it.
Thanks for any help smile

Bump?!

ilovesooty Tue 26-May-15 22:16:46

I've got one and I like it.

Thanks. I just don't get the impulsivity. Refuse for 2 years, then buy in 10 minutes on a whim- so frustrating!

ilovesooty Tue 26-May-15 22:35:27

Yes I can see where you're coming from there. It's easy to use and I am very happy with mine. Didn't buy it on impulse though!

MagratGarlik Tue 26-May-15 23:25:35

I've just been given one for my birthday from DP, who used to be an IT geek. I had a Nexus before, but specifically wanted a 10" tablet this time.

Loving it so far :-)

fairbalance Wed 27-May-15 18:13:37

It is still Android like the Nexus all it is a different manufacturer. Samsungs are lovely. I will have it if you are offering!

NetworkGuy Thu 28-May-15 13:58:16

I'm with fairbalance - it's running Android (and might be more up-to-date than any currently available Nexus tablet's right now).

Understand the query over switching from refusal to buy one to "on a whim" but can only say enjoy your new tablet smile

NetworkGuy Thu 28-May-15 13:59:00

(ooops - sorry about that stray apostrophe!)

fairbalance Thu 28-May-15 18:53:25

To be honest the one thing I do not like about Nexus tablets and phones is the lack of micro sd card so you cannot add extra storage. I would always go with Samsung because of this. Its all Android just different manufacturers.

Thanks everyone!
I only get it on my birthday (15th June) so I will stop being annoyed and look forward to it now grin

but it was literally no research, popped into the shop and it was on offer for the weekend only and just bought it. Hey ho, two years on I get a tablet!!

fairbalance Sun 31-May-15 16:29:55

You will love it. I love Android. Samsung is my favourite manufacturer but in all honesty so long its Android you should not have any issues. Post back if you do. I am sure myself or Networkguy can help. Hi Networkguy I am girl geek! There is a male and female geek on this board!

hedwig2001 Sun 31-May-15 17:11:08

I have the Samsung Galaxy 10.4 Pro. It is excellent, as was my previous Samsung Galaxy Note 10.4. When I was looking, the Tab 4 got good reviews and looked good.
I hope you enjoy your birthday present☺

Minniemagoo Sun 31-May-15 17:15:26

IMO you got a better tablet. Have 3 Samsung tabs if varying sizes here and wouldn't hesitate to recommend. Had a nexus about 3 years ago and the Samsung which replaced it is definately better.

hooray! grin -Thanks again everyone.

Rainicorn Mon 01-Jun-15 18:46:24

DS1 bought one a few weeks ago with his birthday money and apparently it's much better than my iPad.

It does seem faster than his galaxy tab 3 7 inch one, and he is over the moon with it.

Enjoy your new tablet. Make sure he gets you a nice case for it, try EBay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now