Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Which tablets? Mostly about blocking facilities

(1 Post)
ImpatientGriselda2 Mon 04-May-15 17:58:03

I can't believe I'm asking about gadgets on Mumsnet. I used to know so much about this stuff when I was younger. But you guys will presumably know a lot about blocking and permissions on them

Looking for a cheapish tablet. Would prefer if the OS wasn't Google / Android.

Hoping for something with most of the following capabilities:
- can have accounts where only specific designated apps can be used

- where permissions aren't automatically age-related, so an adult user could have an account where they can, say, watch any certificate films on Netflix but also have the access to some other stuff limited to reduce time-wasting.

- something that can have a keyboard facility disabled in an account, or text use limited only to a small number of characters, so the user can passively browse, click on things, and perhaps login if necessary but not post comments on the internet

- Can you use Firefox with addons and browser extensions in a tablet or some tablets? (What an unbelieveably dunce question this is, given all the stuff I know about older tech.)

- Reasonable size, for watching TV and films - size of a largish laptop screen would be good.

-Brightness controls (presumably they have these) so it can be used for reading ebooks without huge amounts of glare

-Are there any tablets that can be used outside or is the glare always too bad?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now