Talk

Advanced search

For the love of all that is geeky... can someone hep me with this problem????

(3 Posts)
imgoodatpointless Tue 10-Feb-15 18:11:02

I have googled it and followed the advice there, but its not working!

here is the problem:
I keep getting a blue screen and an exception rule with the info...atikmdag.sys

Heres what I have done today:

Bought and installed a new antivirus
maually updated all of my drivers. saved and restarted
installed an automatic driver checker

so now i switch on the computer, and as its booting up it tells me that 'all the latest stable drivers and updates installed.

SOOOOOoooo... I thought I had cracked it, BUT its just crashed again! with the same error message..

Please help. This laptop is only 6 months old!

orangemog Tue 10-Feb-15 18:39:51

Looks like your graphics card driver. Those "driver finder" apps are bloatware at the very least (malware at worst) - you need to go to the 'support' section of your laptop manufacturers website and download the latest graphics driver (might be called video or vga) for your model.

Alternatively, if you bought it in a store rather than online, pop back to the shop and get them to do it, it's under warranty if it's only 6 months old :-)

imgoodatpointless Wed 11-Feb-15 06:38:58

thanks orange

6 of my drivers were out of date so i updated them through the hp support function

however it has just crashed on me again. same error message but much faster on the restart. I will stick with it today and see how frequent they are. Maybe take it to get looked at on Fridayx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: