Talk

Advanced search

Google+ profile

(5 Posts)
NameForReallyRandomStuff Fri 30-Jan-15 10:06:36

Hi. I've just set up a Google+ profile. I ticked the box to say that I want to show number of profile/content views on my front page, but for some reason it's not showing this. It just shows where I live, where I studied, and my pathetically small number of followers. I'd rather not show number of followers there, but I can't find how to switch that off.

But why isn't it showing number of views? I've tried logging in and out, looking at it on different devices, and the box still shows up with a tick in it. Yet no views total on my profile. What Am I Doing Wrong?!?! Please??

InfinitySeven Fri 30-Jan-15 10:08:00

If you've just set it up, you won't have many views yet. I don't believe it starts showing until you've had some.

NameForReallyRandomStuff Fri 30-Jan-15 10:54:06

Ah, that would explain it. Thank you!

NetworkGuy Sat 31-Jan-15 13:58:21

You might try logging out (or simply using another browser) to create a "viewing", or use a mobile (in case they're clever and determine that by your IP number, it's still 'you' just looking...)

Or view (if it's possible) via a web proxy such as hidemyass.com/ which may then show a viewer from (typically) USA.

NetworkGuy Sat 31-Jan-15 14:41:59

Ah, they've moved the "free browser proxy" from the front page of the website to one of the other pages - no doubt there were lots of people making do any paying no cash skinflints like me using the browse feature.

See https://www.hidemyass.com/proxy

look for a box with the link to Google.com in it and that's where you can paste in your own page link. Hope that helps!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: