Advanced search

Lost password / PIN for a Hudl - can I recover after a factory reset?

(10 Posts)
giddly Thu 15-Jan-15 20:25:42

Today my DD and her friend were playing about on her hudl and managed to set a password, but then can't remember it. I understand the only way round this is to do a factory reset, which will loose everything (including her photos). I've also found out that Hudl has a flaw that means data can actually be recovered after this with software. I'm a complete luddite - how hard would this be to do, and can anyone suggest suitable software for this? Or indeed any other options? The main thing would be photos, but the more I could retrieve the better as we don't have wifi at home at the moment so reloading games etc. is not straightforward.
Thanks very much.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 15-Jan-15 20:27:00

Were the photos not being automatically backed up to google?

giddly Thu 15-Jan-15 20:36:10

Its, no because we've got wired internet (which we obvously can't connect the hudl to) - it was just connected very occasionally to the internet to download odd games - usually it was used offline.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 15-Jan-15 20:59:30

I'm afraid I can't help with data recovery software sad but just so you know any games/apps you have purchased can be downloaded again for free.

It might also be worth checking the google account of the hudl online - it is possible some things may have been backed up whilst downloading games <clutches at straws>

Valuable lesson for your DD though...

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 15-Jan-15 21:02:52

Just had a google - does your hudl have a removable SD card? If so, check what is on that.

giddly Fri 16-Jan-15 08:28:23

It's - no, no removable SD card. Will check google account - thanks

Seeline Fri 16-Jan-15 09:14:47

My DCs have the original version Hudls. When DD managed to forget her password, DS said keep trying with something, and eventually it will ask for your Google/gmail account login details and you can then get in that way. It worked. I hope this is right - I too am a bit of a luddite and tend to rely on the kids blush Might be worth a go though.

giddly Fri 16-Jan-15 12:20:08

ooh thanks seeline - will try that. We have the original hudl's too.

Seeline Fri 16-Jan-15 13:03:14

good luck giddly

giddly Fri 16-Jan-15 20:52:58

Nope - tried to 220 times and no luck! Thanks anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now