Talk

Advanced search

Appreciate help with Bluetooth on Apple I Pad.

(5 Posts)
HappydaysArehere Fri 09-Jan-15 19:30:55

Have just purchased a Roberts Bluetune 200 sound system. I have CDs to play but would love to hear my I Pad music. I was told that as the music is on Apple I will need an app for it to work with Bluetooth. The salesman showed me how easily it picked up his music from his Samsung phone. My I Pad has Bluetooth in the settings and I have turned it on in readiness but would like to know which app do I need or can it work without by just using the Bluetooth turned on on the I Pad. The sound system is still in it's box but would appreciate any advise before I confront this new technology in the morning - when my brain is likely to be working more efficiently. (The salesman had no idea about which App I would need). Thank you in advance for any help.

nutgrabber Sat 10-Jan-15 08:35:57

You don't need an app to pair with your speaker/radio - you just need to pair the devices by putting them in search or pairing mode. Suggest you read the instructions that accompany the speaker. You will also need to active the search mode on your ipad from Settings.

It ought to pretty straightforward

EduCated Sat 10-Jan-15 08:45:28

Yeah, you might not need an app. Find out how to set your sound system to Pairing, then go to Settings > Bluetooth. Switch it on and then tap on the sound system in te list. It might come up with a funny name.

Then just play your music as normal on the iPad.

HappydaysArehere Sat 10-Jan-15 09:22:10

Thank you both so much for answering so promptly. I will look again at the instructions and hopefully it will be simpler than it sounds. It was the salesman's assertion that with Apple I needed one which I found confusing. When I went to Bluetooth and put it on I saw the whirling search icon so hopefully when it is all set up something else will come up. Thank you again. As usual Mumsnetters are more helpful than anyone else. smile

HappydaysArehere Sat 10-Jan-15 16:49:53

It worked. As soon as I put the sound system to Bluetooth and turned it on on the I Pad recognised the model and started to pair but it went on and on until I discovered that I needed to to tap the model name and wham it was on. Of course EduCated had mentioned this but I had forgotten in my haste. Now enjoying the Jersey Boys etc plus lots of downloads so thank you again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now