Advanced search

Kindle Fire: web accessibility for children. Help please!

(5 Posts)
HeinousPieTrap Thu 08-Jan-15 11:08:59

My DD had a kindle fire for Christmas. She likes watching videos on it. She watches children's programmes, so I'm fine with that (I have the time limiter on her account), but I wanted to put a block on any adult content that she might access (inadvertently, she's pretty trustworthy). I can only see how to block web access altogether, but I wanted something more nuanced than that. Is there a setting, or failing that an app that does the job? Many thanks!

cozietoesie Thu 08-Jan-15 17:24:20

Are you talking about Amazon video?

loudarts Thu 08-Jan-15 17:33:07

If you contact your broadband provider they should be able to block access to certain things. I'm with by and have things like nudity and gambling blocked so nobody in the house can access them

HeinousPieTrap Sun 18-Jan-15 22:02:25

hi, sorry haven't been on for a bit - what I wanted really was something like I can put on my computer - on her account there is a block on any more adult content. I think I might be looking for something that doesn't exist!

saunders Fri 13-Feb-15 09:53:22

Have you looked at techno app, you will be able to take control from logging in on your phone or computer, heck the website out as its only 99p to download, it on my daughters hudl x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now