Talk

Advanced search

Kindle Fire HDX or iPad?

(5 Posts)
Arsenal123 Tue 06-Jan-15 13:11:53

Anyone prefer one over the other?

Tribeca10013 Wed 07-Jan-15 09:04:17

Ipad.easy to use, aesthetically superior.ipad its all easy and intuitive.lightweight and can buy accessories
I bought my kids kindle hdx fire because its big,clunky and not such a premium product that i dint worry how they handle kindle
Kindle is slower,a faff to use compared to ipad.loses wifi signal easier
Ipad technically better.better sound,not so tinny.better light, better screen quality.just overall superior
I have a kindle fire for reading on,great for that.but id not chose a kindle fire hdx in prefernce to an ipad

And on practical level an ipad always has some resale value on ebay.kindle not so much

pourmeanotherglass Wed 07-Jan-15 09:11:49

Neither. We looked at the options when we got DDs tablet last year and eventually went for an android one - a Samsung 8 inch. We're really pleased with it, and I'd buy the same for myself if I could justify having a tablet as well as a smartphone and aging laptop.

Arsenal123 Wed 07-Jan-15 10:11:09

Thanks. I went with the iPad as I have an Android phone and wanted something a little different for variety. It wasn't cheap but I love it.

42bunnytails Wed 07-Jan-15 10:21:14

iPad or good android tablet (DD2 has a nexus 7 she likes)

My fire is clunky, tied to Amazon store which doesn't have half the aps you want.

It's web browser is slow and temperamental. It's spell checking is barmy.

I just use my iPhone and let DH use the kindle. He mutters at it, but he's a geek who mutters at all devices where user friendly interfaces get in his way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now