Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can I trade-in/sell my year old iPad?

(6 Posts)
fatsatsuma Mon 29-Dec-14 11:29:06

I'm thinking of replacing it with an a MacBook Air. As it's only a year old I wonder if there's any way I can redeem some of it's value? Thanks for any tips/advice!

NetworkGuy Tue 30-Dec-14 00:26:05

What did it cost you? What does something similar sell for on Gumtree or Ebay ?

Have you checked the prices offered by CEX (www.webuy.com) - I hastily add that they are very clearly a business as the final price will be fairly close to a brand new cost, while they will offer you perhaps 2/3 (a guess, I've not analysed their figures scientifically, but based on a few phone prices I've seen).

fatsatsuma Tue 30-Dec-14 11:38:06

Thanks NetworkGuy. I can't remember how much it cost but it was brand new from Amazon. I'll have a look at CEX. I'm not technical and wouldn't know how to wipe it clean to make it ready to re-sell - was wondering whether Apple or similar offers a trade-in service so that is done by them.

RustyBear Tue 30-Dec-14 20:51:42

Apple do have a trade-in service - I was offered £150 off an iPhone 6 for my iPhone 5, but in the end I decided to keep it just as an iPod.

I asked about it instore, but there's a site you can get an estimate on - I tried my one year old Air on it and got an offer of £225. I'll see if I can find the page.

RustyBear Tue 30-Dec-14 20:54:59

store.apple.com/uk/browse/reuse_and_recycle

fatsatsuma Tue 30-Dec-14 21:40:08

Yay, thanks RustyBear! Will check out your link.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now