Talk

Advanced search

minecraft mods

(4 Posts)
pippitysqueakity Tue 23-Dec-14 10:13:14

Hiya, has anyone installed any of these? My DD would like them, but it all seems very complicated. Are they even legal?
(Sorry, am a real technophobe...)

Tryingtobecalm Tue 23-Dec-14 10:34:16

We have a few installed. Yes they are legal.

It isn't that complicated really, just make sure you. Have two f older windows open so you can drag and drop.

DreamingOfABlueKaroumas Tue 23-Dec-14 10:40:49

Most of the sites you can download the mods from have instructions of what to do with them. If not, then have a look on YouTube - I've done that a couple of times to troubleshoot.

(would seek a video out for you, but am at work at the mo)

outtolunchagain Tue 23-Dec-14 10:57:35

Hi there! Ottolunchagain's son here! I play minecraft on a regular basis, and I can assure you that the mods are perfectly legal!
You have to make sure where you download them from though, as usually the websites where you can get mods usually also have advertisements that have fake download buttons, so you have to be sure about which one you press!
Alot of mods that alter the game can make it very fun if you're getting bored with the game, they add new and exciting features, and if I'm not mistaken then the creators of MC (Mojang) have actually recommended using mods!

So, in conclusion, they are very safe, and I have installed many. Its not that complicated to install into your minecraft database; it all depends on wether you play on Mac, or Windows.
On mac, (Since I play on mac) all you have to do is usually go to finder>library>application support>minecraft and now there are two ways of doing it, either install a new version, or replace your previous .jar files with the new ones in the mod. Personally, I haven't installed any mods since they changed the way you install them, so I wouldn't know how to do it no, but there are some great tutorials on the internet!
Its very safe, and legal, and its really quite easy to install when you get to know it. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now