Talk

Advanced search

Cheapest way to buy MS Office (student edition)

(6 Posts)
queenbrunhilda Sat 13-Dec-14 23:49:50

Any ideas - is it possible to buy for less than the standard £60? Can I buy an earlier version?

LIZS Sun 14-Dec-14 17:29:26

Can you buy via school/college?

southeastastra Sun 14-Dec-14 17:32:12

software 4 students?

borisgudanov Sun 28-Dec-14 19:56:04

Open Office and some similar packages such as Kingsoft are free, do pretty much the same stuff (unless you require Visual Basic for Applications), and read and write Micro$haft Office files. And they don't require you to use Windoze.

Storytown Sun 28-Dec-14 20:03:40

Can anyone explain MS Office (student edition) to me please? I am useless and currently using Libre Office which appears to do everything the MS package does but often causes me problems - last one was typing a 6000 work assignment only to find all the text had disappeared when I opened the saved document. It was OK, it could be read on a computer with MS Word but I could have done without the trauma!

Anyway DH has been telling me that the only way to get MS Office these days is as a web based package which involves a monthly fee. I'd be happy to pay £60 but not keen on £7/8 pm.

JustWantToBeDorisAgain Sun 28-Dec-14 20:37:42

I bought a package via a Canadian download company a few weeks ago which was the cheapest I could find at the time (not the 365 subscription version) I had tried open office but really couldn't get on with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now