Talk

Advanced search

Game capture box - which one?

(5 Posts)
DevaDiva Wed 10-Dec-14 08:09:41

My DS, has just one thing on his Christmas list. He wants a game capture box so he can record play on his xbox 360 and upload onto YouTube. We have a Microsoft Laptop that he would use to do this (I like to think I am tech literate but have never done this myself)

I'm confused by all the reviews online and hope someone can help me here. Budget is about £80, I've seen the Roxio Game Capture Box HDPro but it has very mixed reviews. The Elgato Game Capture HD seems to fare much better but is above budget.

Anyone got experience of either or can you point me in the direction of a credible review site for this type of product?

weegiemum Wed 10-Dec-14 08:11:10

<watches carefully> This is what ds wants as well, except it's PS4 for him.

DevaDiva Wed 10-Dec-14 08:12:04

Sorry I've just seen another similar thread from last week. Doesn't really answer my question though so any advice is appreciated.

DevaDiva Fri 12-Dec-14 08:32:55

A friend who knows about this stuff has recommended the Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition Video Recorder (1482). It's a little but more than we wanted to spend but think we're going to go for it. Just hope it's not to hard to set up!

greeneggsandjam Tue 30-Dec-14 09:18:32

I am here seeking advice! My son is also looking for a game capture device for the xbox 360 so he can put things on Youtube. I have had a look on Amazon and I might as well be reading in a different language. How is the one going that you got DevaDiva? Do you always have to use a laptop at the same time? I don't really fancy handing my laptop over every time they want to use the capture thing and also does it mean that lots of stuff is downloaded onto the laptop? Is it at all possible to buy one that just works by itself? One last thing, do you have to buy a separate microphone of can you just use the regular headset they use when they talk to their friends to play the online games?

Thanks in advance, this is all new to me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now