Talk

Advanced search

Electronic calendars

(3 Posts)
OldBeanbagz Tue 18-Nov-14 13:58:35

Can anyone recommend one? Or should i just use Google calendar? Is it the best one available for sharing. Or do i just sync it on the other's devices?

About us - Family of 4. DH and i run our own business plus DD & DS at different schools (for the next 2 years at least) and with different activities in the evening plus music lessons & sports training/fixtures.

3 of us have iPhones, 9yo DS has an iPad.

We ALL need to know what's going on a particular day.

Any ideas would be gratfully received.

GlaceCherries Tue 18-Nov-14 14:09:31

I don't know anything about apple products, so I've no idea what the built-in calendar is like and whether it can be synchronised to more than 1 device.

However, all that can be done using Google calendar. If you have a Google account then you can download the calendar app (or numerous others that synch to the Google account).

With one account you can create and maintain numerous calenders e.g. Cherrie's, CherrieFamily etc. Or each family member can have their own account / calender that everyone else synchs to: I can create events in my kids' calendars but they can't in mine. It's a bit painful to set up, but very easy to use once done.

All our calendars are available on all our devices and anywhere else where I can access the Internet.

OldBeanbagz Tue 18-Nov-14 16:37:23

Thanks, it sounds like it may be the way to go.

I have test entered some events on Google calendar on my desktop PC this afternoon and they've synced to both mine & DH's phone.

I'll have to see if i can add the calendar to DD's phone and then then test to see if it works the other way round.

Then i just need them all to enter their data!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now