Talk

Advanced search

Kindle help! I was in love with my kindle and I am fast going to fall out of love if none can help me!

(7 Posts)
MrsFogi Sat 15-Nov-14 22:05:26

I loved my kindle - books I had read were in collections and those I hadn't were not. So, on my screed I would just see collections and the books not in collections.
All of a sudden all the books and the collections are on the screen and I don't seem to be able to get back to the way things were. I know I could put absolutely everything in collections but I just want to leave the stuff I have yet to read out and also I don't want to have to constantly work out what I have and haven't read so as to put the new/unread stuff in collections.
Can anyone tell me how to get back to the way things were working between me and my kindle sad? I have not managed to work it out from the amazon website.

SueDunome Sat 15-Nov-14 22:10:54

I can't help, but following as something similar happened to mine in the summer and I still haven't worked out how to correct it. Mine has reversed the order of my contents pages, it's very annoying.

It happened to mine a while ago too. Very annoying. I already had all my unread books in a collection (called inspiringly 'unread books'), but left out the one book I was in the middle of reading so I could find it easily. Completely threw me when they changed it! I couldn't work out how to fix it, so I decided to work with it. I now have a collection called 'actively reading right now', which just has the one book in it smile

Sonnet Thu 20-Nov-14 13:28:04

I have a "To Read" collection and a "read" collection. Within my "Read" collection I have it set on recents so that the book I am currently reading is first.

It is frustratiiong as it happened to me in the summer and took me ages to sort it out!

Gremlingirl Thu 20-Nov-14 13:32:50

What kind is it? On my home screen I have a tab at the far right which reads either recent, title, author or collections. Have you changed something in there by mistake?

TheKitchenWitch Thu 20-Nov-14 13:33:23

You need to show All Items and then choose Collection as the sorting option.

Cherrypi Thu 20-Nov-14 13:35:12

This happened to me too. I think it was when they changed it to cloud and device instead of just device and archive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now