Talk

Advanced search

Can certain people hack into someone's Facebook account? Stalker worries...

(7 Posts)
applemac Mon 10-Nov-14 15:11:57

I have had massive problems recently with someone stalking me. I have recently started noticing that some of my posts on facebook are disappearing when I haven't hidden them.

When I check my timeline activity the posts are still there with no hidden button next to them. And yet they have disappeared off my timeline.

Can anyone tell me if this person could be messing with my account? I know it sounds paranoid but you would not believe the trouble I've had with this person.

applemac Mon 10-Nov-14 15:12:20

The person has a computer science background btw.

TheLostPelvicFloorOfPoosh Mon 10-Nov-14 15:14:05

Have you got your timeline set to 'top stories' or 'most recent'?

When I have mine set to 'most recent' it won't show what I've just posted on my timeline, but I assume it's on other people's as they can like/comment on it

ThreeQuartersEmpty Mon 10-Nov-14 15:15:11

change your password to a complex and difficult to guess one. Choose a word that has no association with you.
Use upper and lower case letters and numbers and punctuation.

TheLostPelvicFloorOfPoosh Mon 10-Nov-14 15:15:48

You can also set up security alerts so that you will get an email from facebook if your account has been accessed from an unrecognised device

applemac Tue 11-Nov-14 09:31:08

I've changed my password now. I just can't fathom where some of my posts have gone - it's weird.

Galvanized Tue 11-Nov-14 09:34:13

Facebook has announced recently it is changing its timeline algorithm so it's probably that. As well as changing your password make sure you delve into your security/privacy settings so it emails you when a new device or computer signs in using your account and check which devics already have access.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now