Talk

Advanced search

Ios 8 for I pad

(4 Posts)
HappydaysArehere Thu 30-Oct-14 09:55:24

Would be grateful if you could tell me if the new version of iOS 8 is okay for I Pad. Read about so many troubles with I Pads that I am afraid to touch that download. However, someone has told me I should do this. Anyone downloaded recently?

MirandaWest Thu 30-Oct-14 09:57:25

I'm not downloading yet - have heard too many issues with it. Now they're onto ios 8.1 I will look into it more but still don't trust it yet.

basildonbond Thu 30-Oct-14 18:52:00

Which iPad have you got? I wouldn't if it's the original or ipad2

HappydaysArehere Fri 31-Oct-14 08:35:55

No Basildonbond. It is the later one bought under two years ago. Never can remember which one but it has the new "lightning" cord to plug in. Something strange happened a couple of days. Using the internet as usual and quite late at night. Everything fine. Next morning an e mail tells me to go to web but I Pad comes up with "you have no internet connection". I check but pc working etc. I go into settings and find the internet switch on and off I has been turned off. I had not been near settings and as you know those switches can't be altered without a definite movement. I put it on again but had to turn the whole thing off and on again before I got web back.
It was then that I was told I should download the ios8 but I thought, like Miranda, I needed more info. Thank you both for replying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now