Talk

Advanced search

Getting a better deal from TalkTalk?

(3 Posts)
WhoeverYouWantMeToBe Mon 27-Oct-14 12:13:06

I've been with TalkTalk for 12 months and got first 12 months at �15 a month, rising to �25 a month thereafter, and it's now gone up to the said �25pm... If I call them and say I'm thinking of leaving will they reduce it at all?
I don't want to spend ages on the phone to India if they don't really offer this grin

NetworkGuy Mon 27-Oct-14 12:33:38

I'm not with TalkTalk, and obviously only you know exactly what facilities you are using, but in your position, I'd look on ISPreview.co.uk and Thinkbroadband.com to see how other ISPs compare (also consider looking on HotUKdeals.com).

I doubt you'll find many other firms offering identical at that price, but I know Plus.Net has a deal of broadband at 2.49 (oh, and a 75 quid cheque in 3 months), if taken with their phone line rental at 15.95 (or 12.99 if you pay the whole year's rental in advance).

Unfortunately if you've been on TalkTalk the line may not be with BT wholesale (and there's some fee for returning from TalkTalk). I'd give them a ring on 0800 432 0200 to check (but to get the 75 quid you must sign up online).

At least get the figures and then if you speak to TalkTalk again you have the facts and can decide that you will leave if they won't be flexible. Don't tell them you are cancelling (as they might leave you with no service if you have not switched via another firm).

Good luck!

Chasingsquirrels Sat 01-Nov-14 08:44:34

Check online for your best deal, and switch as necessary.

I'm with talktalk, pay line rental for the year upfront, broadband currently £3.50pm unlimited and I have no complaints at all about it. No phone calls included in that, but I don't call much and just use my mobile when I do. Plus 10% (was 15% but changed today) speedy payment discount if you pay bill online within 24 hours of receiving it.

I also have my mobile with talktalk, £3.50pm (half price for 12 months, 12 month contract) which includes 300 mins (I use about half that), unlimited texts and 600mg (again I use about half) plus free calls to family phones (home line and any other mobiles on our talk talk account). It uses vodaphone and tbh I'm not impressed with the speed and coverage compared to my old tmobile contract and I'll probably be moving at the end of the 12 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now