Talk

Advanced search

kindle fire or nexus 7

(4 Posts)
calamitygin Sat 05-Apr-14 09:21:14

Hi going on holiday soon and mainly want tablet for books, obvious choice is kindle but wondering if a nexus 7 with kindle app would be better all round. Big issue us Wi-Fi ...none at the villa where I'm stayin so kindle perfect as can download books from cloud before I leave. Would I be able to do this with nexus 7 or would I need constant Wi-Fi in order to read? Have nexus 5 phone and live it hence thinking maybe a nexus 7.

Do need something quick tho so maybe kindle is better??? Too much choice and too many (varied) reviews confusing the issue. Usually buy most of my books from amazon and am not a big gamer so being 'tied' to them not really a problem.

As you can see I'm in a muddle!

milkysmum Sat 05-Apr-14 09:23:24

I have a kindle fire hd and love it! No experience of nexus though so not sure how they compare

calamitygin Sat 05-Apr-14 09:31:44

Hi milky my sil has kindle fire and this is what made me think of getting one (no more lugging a suitcase full of books across continents!), my dad also grabs it off her and plays games/draws on it so suitable for her needs too. I just get the feeling that I might regret not getting something phone compatible, no idea why! I suppose it's a bit like an apple person wanting everything i-shaped.

Maybe I will get kindle. Which one do you have you got?

calamitygin Sat 05-Apr-14 09:32:53

Haha my dd not dad (he thinks a tablet is something you swallow) grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now